Looked After Children Social Worker
- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £32 - £32 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated and passionate Looked After Children (LAC) Social Worker to join our dynamic team in Walsall, UK. The candidate will work collaboratively with a dedicated team focused on supporting the needs and welfare of children in our care.
1. Manage cases of children and young people in care, including those subject to care proceedings, looked after children, and children subject to permanency planning.
2. Conduct full and concise assessments of risk, needs, and capacity, developing progressive care plans accordingly.
3. Deliver high-quality services that promote the welfare, safeguarding, and holistic development of each child.
4. Collaborate with families, carers, and external agencies to devise strategies that ensure the best possible outcomes for each child.
5. Regularly represent the council in court and at multidisciplinary meetings, accurately reflecting the policies and procedures of the council.
6. Provide regular written and verbal case updates to line managers, teams, and other professional agencies, carefully maintaining up-to-date records.
7. Enhance your social work skills and knowledge through continual professional development.
1. Degree in Social Work or related field.
2. Registration with Social Work England.
3. Extensive experience in working with looked after children.
4. Excellent understanding of the current legislation and framework relating to children and families, specifically regarding the safeguarding and welfare of children.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to liaise at all levels.
6. Strong organisational and time management skills.
7. Enhanced DBS and clear referencing.
Working as a Looked After Children Social Worker with us, you will have the opportunity to make real differences in children’s lives. We offer competitive remuneration, flexible work hours, and an opportunity to put your skills and experience into action.
N.B: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.