Job Reference: 57192
Maintenance Operative (Painter)
- Sunderland, County Durham
- £14.02 - £14.02 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Maintenance Operative’s (Painter’s) to work in Sunderland. These positions are initially for a period of 12 months and are paying £14.02 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The role will involve working in domestic and commercial buildings carrying out repairs and maintenance services to Local Authorities buildings and council housing stock.
Working alongside colleagues within the Building Services Team you will ensure that work is delivered to a high standard and meet our quality and performance expectations.
The post holder will be working as part of our repairs and maintenance department carrying out a variety of tasks to support business needs whilst also being able to deliver a core trade discipline of painting and decoration including paper hanging, ensuring all work is delivered to a high standard, providing an excellent customer service and ensuring all work is delivered on time and within budget.
- To carry out works to the required technical and quality standard in an efficient and cost-effective manner ensuring compliance with all health and safety rules, regulations and legislation both on an individual and collective basis. Other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be assigned by the Principal Officer.
- To carry out all installation, maintenance and repair work in a specified trade area and basic tasks across a range of non-technical disciplines.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, suppliers, Council officers and other trade persons.
Liaising with customers to assess their requirement and future needs, including identifying plant and material requirements to provide efficient delivery on site.
Completion of all related paperwork/documentation i.e. time and productivity sheets, fault reports, daily vehicle checks, pre work assessments, works orders and material purchase orders etc to the correct standards.
Working at different establishments
Give and receive end user instructions and advice relating to all works undertaken.
Plan and organise by liaising with officer’s, operatives and customers to identify any potential issues and ensure task and workloads are managed appropriately.
- Qualifications: A time served qualification, in a Building discipline such as painting, plastering/tiling, joinery or bricklaying, with the ability to complete basic tasks in other non-technical disciplines.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: References covering the last 2 years and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.