Job Reference: 57815
Major Works Manager
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- £250 - £275 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Major Works Manager to work in Kettering, Northamptonshire. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying from £250.00 – £275.00 (paid to you via an umbrella company).
- To lead and supervise the Asset Management team in providing a professional and technically competent service.
- To play a key role in the development, implementation and review of capital and planned maintenance programmes.
- To develop, maintain and update an Asset Management Strategy, a comprehensive stock condition database, safety registers and energy stock profile.
- To act as contract administrator for major projects.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of cross-cutting initiatives, in line with the Council’s “One Team” philosophy.
- To assist the Property Services Manager in creating a management culture that is customer-focused, forward-looking and flexible.
- To lead and supervise the Major Works team in providing a professional and technically competent service.
- To develop a performance culture within the Major Works team which will involve setting targets, monitoring key areas of team activity and benchmarking.
- To allocate work assignments and provide effective supervision to staff within the Major Works team.
- To undertake staff PRDs, one to ones and sickness monitoring for the Major Works team.
- To assist the Property Services Manager in providing an appropriate training programme for staff within the team.
- To develop, implement and review a project management methodology for major projects.
- To develop and promote service improvement initiatives within the Major Works team.
- Qualifications: Hold a relevant professional qualification, degree or equivalent capability. Hold a relevant Asbestos Management qualification or willing to achieve this within the first 12 months.
- Experience: Experience of working in building surveying with a local authority housing department or housing association. Experience of staff management and supervision of operational and technical staff. Experience of housing maintenance /asset management in a local authority or housing association.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.