Job Reference: 59513
Marketing and Communications Officer
- Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Omni Resourcing to recruit for a Marketing and Communications Officer.
£30,000 – £40,000 per annum.
The Marketing and Communications officers role is to make sure that our staff and key stakeholders are aware of all noteworthy stories or events.
– Assist the Divisional Management Team in creating a positive and well-informed workforce through timely, accurate and professional internal communications.
– Assist the Divisional Management Team to create a monthly internal staff newsletter.
– Gather good news items for internal release and suggest articles and features for Insight’s magazine (Eurovia’s staff magazine) and for inclusion on One (company intranet)
– Develop proactive relationships with the relevant internal, client and external audiences, in particular the media and the relevant teams (Hertfordshire County Council Press Office, Highways Officers, local Councillors and Ringway Operations staff)
– Provide a first-class proactive and reactive media relations service to the local, regional and where necessary, national media to develop and maintain Ringway’s reputation and ensure messages are agreed, aligned and proactive campaigns are jointly executed where applicable.
– Arrange media visits on key topics and brief/escort journalists.
– Ensure the Hertfordshire Media Protocol (Comms Strategy and Calendar) developed with Hertfordshire County Council Press Office remains up-to-date, relevant and agreed.
– With Group support, develop and implement a local proactive PR strategy that supports Ringway’s broader strategy.
– Develop a range of publicity material to support understanding in the media and by the public about the contract, ensuring it is clear which organisation is responsible for what.
– Identify ideas and where appropriate, draft internal news, press releases and trade articles.
– Monitor local social media and work with Hertfordshire County Council to utilise their accounts for the benefit of Ringway.
– Ensure any potential Crisis Communication issues are brought to the attention of the Group Marketing Manager.
– Liaise with the Performance Coordinator to ensure KPIs on media relations are being met and agree key outcomes to address any issues identified.
– Coordinate Ringway’s input into key events such as the County Show, Job Fairs or charity events (including CSR projects)
– Attend key events identified by the Group Marketing Department or Divisional Manager and represent Ringway in a professional manner.
- Qualifications: Degree educated or similar specific qualifications. Specific training on specific communications software is desirable.
- Experience: – Communications Strategy
– Monthly newsletter writing
– Dealing with press responses
– Writing Social media articles
– Capturing and writing case studies
- Compliance: Up to date Passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.