Job Reference: 58099
Mental Health Advisor
- Preston, Lancashire
- £20.71 - £20.71 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Mental Health Advisor to start an exciting part time position for the University of Central Lancashire.
We are looking for someone who will work with colleagues from across Student Services and the wider university to provide specialist mental health and wellbeing support and resources for students, maximising their student experience. The post holder will be required to work across the full spectrum of mental health difficulties; ensuring students obtain appropriate treatment, support, and adjustments to enable them to successfully complete their studies.
– As part of a duty function, conduct triage appointments for students presenting to the service (directly or indirectly), assessing student need and risk, and facilitating access to the most appropriate source of support.
– Undertake Mental Health Assessments following service protocols, formulating comprehensive and inclusive support plans, and sharing as appropriate.
– To manage a caseload of complex/high risk students, regularly monitoring progress and engagement, escalating concerns in line with service procedures and liaising as appropriate with other services. Contribute effectively to Case Discussions and implement any agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Experience: Substantial and recent post qualification experience working with individuals experiencing mental health difficulties, including assessment of individuals with complex needs, risk assessment and high risk/crisis management.
- Qualifications: Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a relevant professional qualification in the field of mental health.
- Compliance: Up to date Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 14.5 hours a week
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.