Job Reference: 59986
Mental Health Recovery Outreach Worker
- London, Greater London
- £13.45 - £13.45 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an experienced Arabic speaking Mental Health Recovery Outreach Worker to start a new role in Westminster. Westminster Arabic Speaking Service provides support for Arabic Speaking residents of Westminster, aged 18 plus, who have a severe and/or enduring mental health needs.
You will deliver community based, person-centred and holistic support services to Arabic Speaking clients with mental health needs. The Service offers outreach services with the overall aim of promoting recovery, social inclusion and helping service users to maximise their independence and well being, access to employment, training, and other mainstream activities.
This is an agency position which is on a rolling contract. This can result in a permanent role but please do not apply if you just want permanent.
Hybrid Working and Outreach Involved.
Hours: Mon – Fri; 35hrs p/w between 09.00 – 17.00
– Liaison/advocacy with police, housing, and other relevant services re exploitation by gangs/drug dealers
– Support vulnerable service users to avoid radicalisation by extremist groups by sharing cultural experience and providing positive role modelling and mentorship from workers from the BAME community
– Liaison and advocacy with government initiatives such as ‘Prevent’
– Helping service users to access help and support for substance/alcohol misuse
– Practical support – finances, housing, appointments,
– Advocacy to enable access to and equitable treatment by services
– Assisting service users to connect with/access culturally relevant community organisations/groups/services
– Involvement with discharge planning/post discharge support
– Liaison with statutory services i.e., NHS, CNWL, CMHT at the front line.
– Educating/advising service users on effective/culturally appropriate interventions.
Experience : Demonstrable experience of working with individuals who have experienced Substance Misuse and / or dual diagnosis issues.
Compliance: Up to date DBS on update service, right to work in the UK.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.