Job Reference: 61805
- Barry, Angus
- £21.26 - £21.26 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Neighbourhood Manager to work in Barry. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £21.26 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The Neighbourhood Manager will be responsible for the allocation and management of housing and wider tenancy services within a defined neighbourhood. They will provide a responsive neighbourhood based housing service of the highest quality incorporating best practice and best value. They will undertake rent and service charge payment advice. They also ensure the tenant’s views and aspirations are met as far as possible within policy guidelines in the provision of the service they give. They will manage the landlord based older persons accommodation in their patch.
- Ensure applicants are visited in their homes and landlord references are completed promptly to support their priority assessment by the Council.
- Oversee the administration and management of transfer applicants.
- Liaise with the Council and other referral agencies.
- Provide general advice on housing options such as mutual exchanges to help existing tenants and other customers to meet their housing requirements.
- Administer the lettings system and use our policies and procedures to meet housing need in the district and ensure properties are let within performance targets.
- Liaise with the supported housing team relating to letting supported living schemes, ongoing tenancy support in floating support schemes and obtaining support for new clients.
- Co-ordinate and carry out pre-allocation interviews with all prospective new tenants to ensure relevant advice about tenancy and support is offered to sustain a tenancy.
- Communicate effectively with new tenants through the allocation process, arranging for tenancy agreements to be signed and conditions of tenancy explained, as well as an explanation of our policies and procedures for tenancy management.
- Co-ordinate and carry out settling in visits for new tenants.
- Complete 6 monthly home visits and 9 monthly reviews for starter tenancies to ensure the tenancy is being satisfactorily maintained and appropriate support is offered if necessary.
- Deal with correspondence and enquiries as appropriate.
- Prepare monitoring and performance reports when required.
- Maintain tenancy and property records.
- To manage the empty properties process in their area from notice stage to re-letting.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.