New Tenancy Officer
- Location: Gateshead, England
- Salary: £13.17 - £16.57 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary New Tenancy Officer to work in Gateshead. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £13.17 (PAYE) or £16.57 (umbrella) per hour. It will be a 37 hour working week with a mixture of home and office working. Business opening hours between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Friday.
To support new tenants to help manage income and sustain tenancies, applying early intervention to identify any vulnerabilities or support needs in the process. You will operate effectively to achieve targets and provide excellent customer service.
- To sign up new tenants to their property with a clear focus on affordability and tenancy sustainment, ensuring that tenants understand key messages in relation to managing their tenancy.
- To identify specific needs relating to customers to ensure that relevant support is in place prior to commencement of tenancy to ensure long term sustainability of their tenancy.
- To efficiently and effectively operate early arrears control from pre-commencement of tenancy stage by ensuring maximisation of rental income and provision of a high-quality service.
- To ensure you keep abreast of relevant changes in welfare reform to enable you to offer advice, support and assistance to tenants.
- To be conversant with arrears recovery procedures and appropriate legislation and to convey this at commencement of tenancy.
- To work in partnership with the Councils Revenues and Benefits service to ensure effective joint working between Council services.
- To liaise with other departments and partners to ensure appropriate referrals are made when tenants require specialist advice or support.
- To provide financial and welfare benefit advice at commencement of tenancy in order to ensure income maximisation of tenants.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.