Job Reference: MA1010
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- £28.11 - £35.85 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are recruiting a dedicated, hard working Occupational Therapist to work at Abbey House in Oxford which boasts amazing architecture and historic college buildings.
Pay is £28.11 – £35.85 per hour
Job Purpose as an Occupational Therapist:
To be responsible for the occupational therapy assessment of individual needs and the initiation and co ordination of a range of outcomes to meet them, promoting the principles of choice and control, personalisation and self directed support to ensure that service users can assess and manage their own needs, risks and uncertainties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide tailored advice and information to the individual’s needs and/or situation, referring to other agencies where applicable.
• To undertake holistic assessments and take responsibility for meeting the needs of each allocated person and only involving another worker where necessary.
• To assess for and provide assistive technology, equipment, and adaptations to meet needs and reduce risk, and where provided to review and ensure safe and effective use including reporting concerns according to the Council’s and National guidance.
• To undertake specialist functional assessments and where necessary provide specialist equipment and training on its use
– Qualifications: A qualification accepted by the Health Professions Council as a qualification in Occupational therapy.
Additional qualifications relevant to the service area or personal development – for example British Sign Language, Best Interests Assessor.
Registration with the Health Professions Council.
Detailed knowledge of community care services within health and social care settings.
– Experience: At least two years post qualification experience which clearly evidences the ability to undertake occupational therapy tasks and responsibilities within complex and demanding situations where elements of risk will be present.
– Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.