Job Reference: 61070
Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Darlington, County Durham
- £14.44 - £17.69 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Occupational Therapy Assistant to work in Darlington. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.44 (PAYE) or £17.69 (umbrella) per hour.
To assist the Care Manager, Occupational Therapy in the provision of a rehabilitation service on an individual basis as appropriate for disabled people of all ages and disabilities living in the community in the Borough Council boundaries.
- To carry out limited assessments of need as requested by the team manager, in respect of an individual’s safety and independence within their home environment, which includes gathering information from the individual, their carers and other agencies as appropriate.
- To implement recommendations / provisions which are “necessary & appropriate” to meet the assessed need/s within the most cost effective manner (primarily disability equipment and minor / major adaptations).
- Instruct / advise service users and their carers on the safe use of the disability equipment / adaptation within the set performance targets. Also to advise service users regarding equipment / adaptations which require ongoing maintenance.
- As part of the assessment process to be able to identify and manage any associated risks.
- To ensure that records and user information are maintained, using information technology in accordance with the agreed data entry system, allowing performance reports to be created regarding the overall performance of Adult Social Care.
- To be effective with all administrative functions connected with the role, using the necessary and appropriate technology to fulfil this task.
- To monitor and review the care plan objectives, reassessing needs and revising the provisions accordingly.
- Supporting and working alongside an Occupational Therapist where it is acknowledged there are more complex needs in line with discussion with the team manager.
- NVQ Level 2 in Care or 4 GCSEs (Grades A – C) or equivalent.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 x references and current DBS check.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.