Job Reference: 59727
Occupational Therapy Assistant Team Manager
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit an Assistant Team Manager for their Occupational Therapy service in Chelmsley Wood B37 5TN.
You will be responsible to the Clinical Lead.
Initial 3 month contract to be extended.
£33.30 per hour (umbrella)
This is an essential car user post as the demands of the job make it operationally essential and there is a contractual requirement to make a suitable vehicle available to ensure the requirements of the job can be carried out effectively.
Applicants must be able to drive, have a driving licence and be a car owner, however for disabled applicants, reasonable adjustments will be made where required.
The post-holder must be able to travel efficiently around the borough and occasionally wider to meet the needs of the service (e.g. visits to people in the community).
To ensure that the OT Service is able to play a key role in promoting, enabling and supporting independence and maintaining health and wellbeing and that OT staff have the necessary skills and support to enable them to provide high quality care and treatment.
To ensure the consistent and effective delivery of the Solihull Adult Social Care Offer ‘Our Offer to You’ to Solihull citizens.
To ensure the workforce works in a person centred way with people, carers and families to promote independence and well being. To prevent and delay future care needs whilst maximising people’s own strengths and networks.
To assist the OT Clinical Lead in the effective management of public resources including delegated budgets and staff. Demonstrate leadership which contributes to high performing teams that deliver quality outcomes.
– To operate and ensure that others operate at all times within the professional ethics and disciplines of the relevant professional regulatory body.
– Support the development of strategic objectives facilitating your team/s positive contribution to the achievement of the objectives relevant to your area of responsibility.
– Engage and develop positive working relationships in order to effectively deliver services which maximise opportunities for integration and partnership working.
– Ensure the effective delivery of services within your area of responsibility which are person centred and outcome focused.
– Ensure that National Eligibility Criteria is applied consistently and fairly within your area of responsibility.
– Ensure that the delivery of services demonstrates value for money and makes best use of informal and community resources within your area of responsibility.
– Facilitate practice within your area of responsibility that promotes effective risk management whilst enabling positive risk taking.
– To support and to ensure a Strength Based Practice ethos is in place within practice and pursues a strengths based focus on promoting individual’s strengths, abilities and resources as a meaningful benefit to the outcomes they wish to achieve
– Take a lead and ensure good practice within your area of responsibility in line with the Directorates Safeguarding Procedures and your designated specialist field.
– Demonstrate robust decision making and leadership that encourages others to be autonomous workers.
– Ensure the effective allocation and prioritisation of your own work and that of individual’s across your area of responsibility and the wider Directorate.
– To supervise and monitor the work of team members within your area of responsibility to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal requirements, directorate policies, procedures, performance standards, targets and good professional practice reporting to the team manger where required.
– Manage and support staff through effective supervision, performance and development reviews with a view to ensuring personal and organisational continuous improvement.
– Ensure the adherence to Human Resources policy and procedures.
– Facilitate and make a positive contribution to team meetings, Directorate meetings, working groups and other Organisational meetings as required.
– Willingness to undertake development opportunities which enhance your leadership and management abilities.
– To participate in the Council’s major disaster plan and processes as required.
– To contribute to the recruitment, retention, training and development of staff within the service.
– To be a champion for the rights of people of protected characteristic groups and be committed to addressing discrimination in all its forms.
– Any other appropriate duties, as and when required.
– Qualifications: Education & Qualifications Diploma or BSc in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
HCPC Registration Certificates
Willingness to undertake specialist professional development as appropriate to the post and in accordance with CPD requirements
– Experience: Experience & Knowledge Substantial post-qualifying experience in Occupational Therapy Services. Demonstrable knowledge of assistive technology, single handed care and moving and handling.
Experience and knowledge of working with people with disabilities and long term health conditions.
Experience of providing professional supervision to other workers, including performance management.
Experience of effective workload management and working to deadlines in a demanding work environment.
Experience of effectively managing budgets and resources.
Demonstrable experience of delivering person centred working. Experience of performance management
Experience of managing positive risk taking and making decisions. Demonstrable experience of managing change.
– Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.