Outreach Engagement Officer
- Location: Manchester City Centre, England
- Salary: £18.31 - £18.31 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently recruiting for an Outreach Engagement Officer to start a new role in Manchester.
Outreach Officers will be working predominantly outdoors to visit locations where people are rough sleeping.
Officers will be responsible for assessing people who are rough sleeping and referring verified rough sleepers into accommodation.
Officers will work a rotational shift pattern of Early shifts that take place between 06:00 – 13:30, daytime shifts between 09:00 – 16:30 and Evening shifts between 13:00 – 20:30
During periods of extreme cold weather there will be additional shifts which will include on a rotational basis a night time shift between 21:00 – 04:30
Outreach staff will be required on a rotational basis to work nights during extreme cold weather and this role attracts a 6.7% enhancement due to the unsociable hours you may be expected to work.
Staff who work the night shift will be provided with taxi travel home at the expense of Manchester City Council.
- Establish and maintain relationships with service users to challenge their existing patterns of behaviour. Work proactively with appropriate stakeholders to assess the individual’s needs and ensure positive outcomes.
- Provide support and advice to service users which provide the opportunity to engage with appropriate local and national organised and community based services.
- Monitor, evaluate and review assessments as required determining suitable adjustments to ensure that service users are able to achieve their agreed goals.
Experience: Experience of working with rough sleepers
Compliance: Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK
Hours: 35 hours a week
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know someone who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Care jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google or call 0333 200 5424.