Job Reference: 61803
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- £17.1 - £17.1 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Paralegal in debt recovery to work in Gloucester, Gloucestershire within the children’s social care team. This is a full time position and is paying £17.10 per hour for this role.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a debt recovery paralegal to join the County Council’s Litigation Team. If you are happy to:
Hold a varied case load of pre-litigation and post-litigation debt recovery matters, Effectively manage a high volume caseload, Enjoy a flexible way of working, apply to us today.
The work that you will be carrying out will be pivotal in having a real impact on the people of Gloucestershire in so many different ways. By recovering debt you will be enabling the County Council to be in a better financial position to fund the services that are provided for the residents of Gloucestershire.
- To undertake, if appropriate, advocacy work in relation to straightforward cases in the civil and criminal courts and to liaise with officers of the Courts, Government Office, Solicitors, Barristers and their staff and members of the public in respect of appropriate cases.
- To advise at straightforward Committee Meetings, Client meetings or Project Meetings.
- To draft straightforward documentation
- Assist with disclosure and preparation of trial bundles.
- Undertake administrative tasks such as filing, organising data/documents.
- To ensure that work undertaken is of the highest quality and accords where appropriate with current regulations, legislation and court practice.
- To manage and progress a caseload of straight forward legal work including the drafting of legal documents and/or notices for specified Directorates/Services and external clients.
- To keep relevant stakeholders informed of the progress of the case, taking due regard of key dates, priorities, deadlines and service level standards in order to ensure excellent client care and promote high levels of client satisfaction.
- To build positive working relationships both within Legal Services and other Council services.
- To undertake research at the request and under the guidance of senior staff
- Qualifications: Administration Experience
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.