Participation and Engagement Officer
- Location: Brent, England
- Salary: £25.16 - £25.16 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Michael Bowen
Seven Social Care is looking for a Participation and Engagement Officer at London Borough of Brent Council.
- Manage the day to day operational finance and contract management functions of the Commissioning Service so that high quality and cost effective services are delivered.
- Lead a programme of contract management and performance monitoring of individual commissioned placements and commissioned services for children with complex needs, including looked after children, care leavers, children in need of protection/ vulnerable children, children with a disability and children with SEND (therapies), ensuring that minimum standards are met and contract responsibilities delivered.
- To lead on gathering high level financial information, analysis and production of regular high quality finance reports on placement activity, support budget data, performance management information and market insight analysis for management to consider in relation to the commissioning of services and financial expenditure.
- Lead a programme of quality assurance for commissioned services to ensure compliance with agreed processes and standards, including the regulatory and inspection framework where relevant, ensuring that all safeguarding and quality assurance measures are taken to keep children safe.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
- Undertake initial visits & Form F Assessments.
Initiate and carry out local recruitment activities and analyse the effectiveness of methods used.
Carry out stringent assessment and completion of Form F to standard, presenting reports to panel.
Ensure that at all times you work with a commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.