Job Reference: 61483
- London Wall, Greater London
- £12.87 - £17.04 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of Passenger Assistants to work in Islington. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and will involve working 20 hours per week. The w orking hours are 7-30 to 9-30 and 3-00 to 5-00 from Monday – Friday. The hourly rate is £12.87 (PAYE) or £17.04 (umbrella) per hour.
To assist children and young people who may have specific and complex needs during their journey to and from home to an educational establishment or from one educational establishment to another . To be responsible for the welfare and safety of the children and young people during the journey through to the handover to authorised school staff or parents and carers.
- To assist children and young people with specific and complex needs to travel by Council transport or other means as designated from home to an educational establishment or from one educational establishment to another. To return children and young people to their home or other appointed place.
- To be aware of the needs of each child / young person under your control (e.g. mobility problems, visual or hearing impairment, or learning / behavioural difficulties) and to ensure that these needs are taken into account.
- To ensure that each child / young person is received safely from and to another responsible member of their family (or authorised representative) at an appointed time and place each designated day.
- To decide upon appropriate seating arrangements in the vehicle having regard to the specific requirements of the passengers.
- To ensure that passengers are safely boarded onto the vehicle depending on the nature of the disability e.g. assisting them onto the vehicle; placing wheelchairs on the tail lift; securing handbrakes and where appropriate, accompanying pupils on the tail lift. Adhering to the correct procedures and using specified safety equipment.
- To ensure that the children / young people are handed over to the nominated person at the educational establishment.
- To escort the child or young person to the appropriate child minder, as directed by Transport Management and in cases where a parent / carer fails to meet their child / young person at the drop off point, to complete the required paperwork in connection with this and take the appropriate action.
Experience: Any experience within the health and social care sector will be considered.
Compliance: Current DBS and 2 x references.
Hours: 20 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.