Job Reference: 55281
Peripatetic Home Care Support
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- £14.67 - £14.67 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Peripatetic Home Care Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity in Doncaster.
The delivery of practical help, including reablement, as specified by a support plan and as may be required by service users and their families within their own homes or community settings. To provide a supportive, caring atmosphere which encourages independence and enhances the life of the service user.
- To provide a high standard of intervention implementing NVQ competence based tasks without direct supervision and undertaking appropriate problem solving tasks in conjunction with the service user, relative or carer.
- To support and where possible enable service users with tasks such as; catheter care, skin care, foot care, mouth care, basic observations such as food/fluid checks, prompt and administer medication, perform low level procedures such as applying creams, ear and eye drops, management and safe use of oxygen cylinders and nebulisers as agreed and directed within the individual care plan and medication policy.
- To involve some independent decision making whilst working with individuals in a variety of community settings – some elements of the work undertaken will involve lone working.
- To undertake visits to service users to carry out risk assessments and pre service delivery requirements.
- To read, respond and act upon support plans, risk assessments, manual handling assessment, medication profiles and any other written information within the service users home.
- Due to nature of the job drivers with access to a car to apply.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.