Job Reference: 57712
- Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester
- £16 - £17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Personal Advisor to fill an exclusive opportunity in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary contract, with no current end dates and likely to be long term.
The Leaving Care Service provides a statutory service to young people aged between 16-25 years who have been or are Looked After by Manchester City Council. We are looking for a Personal Advisor to play a key role in supporting young people with their transition to adulthood and assist them to live an independent life in their community.
The Leaving Care Team is committed to ensuring young people:
Prepared and supported to live independently
Have improved access to education, employment, and training
Experience stability in their lives, and feel safe and secure
Receive improved access to health support
Achieve financial stability
– To manage a caseload and keep accurate case records of work with young people and undertake statutory recordings.
– To contribute to Pathway Plan Assessment and provide ongoing assessment promoting young people’s full engagement to inform Pathway Planning.
– To ensure that young people receive appropriate financial support and work with young people to develop their financial management skills with a view to them becoming responsible for their own budget.
– To advise and practically support young people to gain access to appropriate accommodation
- Experience: An in-depth understanding of the statutory responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Children Act 1989, Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000, and related regulations.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.