Job Reference: 61897
Personal Advisor – Care Leavers
- Dorchester, Dorset
- £31 - £31 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Personal Advisor to work in Dorchester, Dorset within the children’s leaving care social work team. This is a full time position and is paying £31 per hour for this role.
To improve the life chances of young people who have left local authority care, in
accordance with relevant legislation and Dorset Council’s Policy on services to care leavers.
Also to ensure that young people who are care leavers are supported and
encouraged to make informed life choices which give them the best opportunity to lead successful adult lives.
- Manage a caseload of care leavers, providing guidance, support and advice within the statutory framework for providing services.
- Supporting care leavers to gain practical self-care skills – health, budgeting, domestic skills – and enabling them to understand and manage themselves as individuals and their relationships with others.
- Draw up and implement Pathway Plans which are appropriate to the young person’s circumstances, needs, potential and aspirations in conjunction with the young person and all relevant others.
- Arrange statutory reviews of Pathways Plans and draw up subsequent/amended Pathway Plans.
- Work in partnership with the young person’s parents, carers and other significant adults identified by the young person.
- Promote and maintain relationships for care leavers with their families and carers, where possible.
- Listen to and take account of young people’s views and wishes, using a person centred approach to all work with young people. Advocate on behalf of care leavers and work in partnership with statutory and voluntary sector agencies and professionals to ensure effective co-ordination and provision of services to care leavers.
- Engage care leavers in learning, training and work opportunities.
- Ensure care leavers who are entitled to claim welfare benefits, receive their full entitlements.
- Ensure that care leavers have access to the range of accommodation available, and are provided with the necessary support to maintain their accommodation.
- Promote the holistic health needs of care leavers and encourage and support their access to the full range of health services provision.
- Make continued efforts to keep in touch with care leavers who choose not to have contact with the service.
- Be confident to understand and assess risk and keep managers informed when a care leaver could be at risk of harm to themselves or others or where more comprehensive assessment of need or more support is indicated.
- Maintain up to date and accurate electronic records in accordance with departmental and statutory requirements. To be aware of data protection legislation and of the current codes of practice with partners regarding the recording and sharing of information.
- Participate in supervision, professional development and training, and contribute to service planning.
- Ensure equal opportunities, anti-discriminatory practice, and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assist the service in the achievement of relevant targets and outcomes.
- Participate in team duty as directed.
- Where the post is based within the Children’s Services Directorate, responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
- Qualifications: Social Work Related Experience
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.