Job Reference: 55658
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £13.17 - £13.17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Julie Wheeler at Coventry City Council to recruit for 2 Personal Assistants to work within the Members Service based at the City Centre in Earl Street.
Umbrella rate of pay is £13.17 per hour (non-negotiable).
THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT ROLE SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU’RE OPEN TO A TEMP POSITION.
To provide a personal secretarial and business support service to Senior Managers/Elected Members within the base location building, in relation to diary and email management, telephone enquiries, recording incoming and outgoing post, and producing any documentation required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The opening and recording of incoming mail and redirecting as necessary. Determine priority and bring to the attention of senior manager(s)/elected members, preparing responses to routine and less complex correspondence on their behalf.
Screen telephone calls, receive visitors, deal with enquiries, make appointments and arrange all internal and external meetings as required.
Management of the diaries of several senior managers/elected members, including the preparation of agendas copying and circulating appropriate papers, minute taking and progress chasing of actions and maintaining the senior manager’s own files, including the operation of a brought forward system.
Work with key staff, partners and other agencies to prepare and provide information for meetings (reports and requisite papers).
Undertaking research and other casework on behalf of managers and preparing briefing notes as required.
Ensure timely travel arrangements are made.
Support senior colleagues, in the review of office procedures and practices within the executive support team, suggesting and implementing improvements to create greater efficiency including maintaining an awareness and use of new technology. To provide support other members of the team.
Receive enquiries and complaints from members of the public, media, elected members and other agencies. Act on own initiative and ensure appropriate action is taken to ensure these are dealt with promptly and efficiently informing appropriate managers and elected members where necessary.
– Demonstrable understanding of the requirements and importance of the role of a senior secretarial function in a highly pressurised and sensitive environment
– Excellent understanding of the functions and purpose of a local authority and the role of the elected member
– A good understanding of IT in an office environment and a range of Microsoft applications
– Good working knowledge of office practices and procedures, in particularly diary management.
– A good understanding of the political environment within Local authorities
– Good knowledge of equal opportunities in the workplace
– Understanding of good customer care
Previous experience as a personal secretary to a senior manager/elected member
– A proven track record of meeting strict timescales and deadlines.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.