Job Reference: 56558
Placements Officer – Children in Care
- Ipswich, Suffolk
- £11.47 - £15.67 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Placement Officer to work with the Children in Care Team in Ipswich. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £11.47 – £15.67 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
To contribute to achieving improved outcomes for Children in Care by coordinating and identifying quality placements for Children in Care, that are matched, cost effective and that will meet their assessed needs, to ensure the child or young person is supported to achieve the highest level of independence.
To manage a range of placement data systems and to provide management information.
To liaise with other agencies, external providers and colleagues in relation to the placement of Children in Care.
The post holder will work to the service objectives identified by the Children’s Placement Service Manager.
- To respond positively and professionally to referrals from Social Workers, ensuring the quality of information enables the identification of placements that meet the child’s or young person’s assessed needs.
- To receive and screen referrals, understanding a child’s needs and the availability of resources to meet these, liaising with other colleagues, partners and external placement providers to ensure detailed assessment, matching and prioritising.
- To work with internal colleagues and external placement providers on a daily basis.
- To ensure that care placements comply with the required national standards and appropriate regulatory bodies.
- To attend and contribute to single and multi-agency meetings relating to children’s placements where required.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (desirable rather than essential).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.