Placements Officer – Fostering Team
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £15.26 - £15.26 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Placements Officer to work with the Fostering Team in South Shields. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £15.26 per hour. The role will involve working from Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm).
The Placements Officer is part of a team of workers responsible for the provision of a comprehensive Service.
- Act as the single point of access for the above service, deal with complex telephone calls, facilitate and manage all referrals for both planned and emergency situations.
- Liaise with social workers, residential staff, foster carers and Independent & Voluntary Fostering Agencies.
- Discuss issues from complex assessments including behavioural, child protection and safeguarding issues in order to negotiate appropriate placements with Foster carers & Independent Agencies in accordance with a child’s individual needs.
- Ensure any needs with regards to ethnicity, disability, religion & culture are highlighted and met.
- Use F Form assessments and additional information relating to foster carers to ensure placements in the voluntary and independent sectors are appropriate to meet the needs of the child.
- Form and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant directorate staff including key Children Services staff i.e. Assistant Heads of Service, Team Managers and Contracts Manager.
- Prepare and complete information regarding referrals and chair weekly allocations meeting within the Fostering Service. Maintain accurate records of each meeting.
- Gather data, maintain accurate information on all key areas of Placements Service activity and analyse information to inform service development.
- Map existing placements and resources.
- Manage notifications for Out of Area placements.
- NVQ 3/Equivalent in Child Care qualification.
Experience: 2+ years working with in a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.