Job Reference: 55475
- United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- £43.61 - £43.61 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Planning Officer, for an exclusive opportunity with Elmbridge Borough Council.
To assess planning applications in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework and the Council’s adopted planning policies.
- To handle a caseload of applications.
- To draft recommendation reports to the planning managers and Planning Committees for determination.
- To offer advice to members of the public by telephone, email or in person through the pre-application enquiry system.
- To assist in dealing with members of the public, architects, developers and stakeholders on matters relating to Planning.
- To prepare and present the Council’s case at appeal, particularly in relation to those dealt with by written representations and informal hearings.
- To assist senior officers on major development applications and projects.
- To pursue an acknowledged course of study leading to a recognised professional Planning qualification (where necessary).
- To pursue regular RTPI and other professional training as agreed in your personal development plan.
- To keep up to date with Planning Law, and all other associated legislation.
- To assist in maintaining the efficient running of the service.
- Experience: Experience in a similar role
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help