Job Reference: 58072
- Durham, County Durham
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a couple of temporary Planning Officer’s to work in Durham. These positions are initially for a period of 6 months and are paying £30.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The Planning Officer will form part of a busy area based development management team and will play a key role in ensuring the effective delivery of the statutory processes.
The post holder will help to ensure that the service effectively engages with its customers, including the general public, communities, applicants, stakeholders and the development industry in the planning service; and this may include attending community consultation events and Town and Parish meetings as appropriate to support senior officers and management.
The post holder will deal with a case load of planning applications and related planning matters including some of a major or contentious nature and may be expected to attend Council meetings, including Planning Committee meetings to support senior officers or managers in their presentation of reports in relation to planning matters.
- To process a wide range of planning applications, including some of a major or contentious nature, through the preparation of written reports, in accordance with Council policies, relevant Government legislation and guidance, as well as other appropriate policies and planning considerations.
To prepare and present Planning Appeal Statements for the Authority and represent the Council at subsequent hearing as required. To assist senior officers in presenting the Council’s case at Inquiries.
The provision of technical advice and guidance to potential Developers, Members of the Council and the general public.
The provision of professional advice and guidance to potential Developers, Members of the Council and the general public and to carry out negotiations with applicants ensuring that Council policy and practices with regard to pre-application enquiries, including those relating to performance management, are adhered to.
To undertake enforcement investigations relating to non compliance with planning conditions and breaches of planning control.
To support senior officers by attending public exhibitions, meetings, including with community groups, Town and Parish Council’s and the AAP for a locality to advise communities on planning issues.
To adhere to corporate and planning performance standards and targets.
The above is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed by the Principal Planning Officer.
- Qualifications: Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant in town planning qualification or significant recent experience of development control services including processing of planning enquiries, planning applications and related matters.
- Experience: Recent experience of development control and planning enforcement services. Experience of preparing documentation on behalf of the Authority as part of the planning appeal process.
- Compliance: 2 years written references and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.