- Location: Solihull, England
- Salary: £35 - £35 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is wroking with Solihull Council to recruit a Planning Officer for their service at Manor Square.
£35 per hour via Umbrella Company. PAYE is available too.
Initial 6 months contract until January 2024 and least with potential of extension.
Hybrid Working – flexible but must live locally for site visits
3-6 site visits per week
Core hours 9-5 but can be flexible
On site investigations
Dealing with members of the public – e.g. building without consent/non authorised constructions
Measuring buildings and scaling them against plans.
Good IT skills required
Dealing with customers on the phone/email
To facilitate the delivery of the Councils Development Management responsibilities as Local Planning Authority principally by resolving enforcement complaints, providing advice, taking formal action where necessary and dealing with subsequent.
– To provide a prompt and timely end to end planning service, delivered with excellent customer service, through clear communication to customers, stakeholders and elected members regarding applications submitted to the local planning authority.
– Undertake site visits, accurately document and record information, and ensure that the online planning records are populated with all necessary information
– Where relevant, to investigate and act upon alleged breaches of planning control in accordance with adopted policy and procedure, including carrying research and site visits, updating customers and, where necessary, drafting instructions for formal action and serving notices and associated legal documents.
– Where relevant, to also investigate and act upon alleged breaches of other planning and environment-related legislation including that relating to the amenity and environmental impacts arising from construction activity
– Where relevant, to investigate and act upon service requests relating to environmental/amenity impacts arising from development and construction activity (plus noise from major industrial sites) in accordance with adopted policy and procedure, including carrying out site visits and monitoring, updating customers and, where necessary, the preparation and service of formal notices under relevant environmental legislation.
– Through effective use of the computer database system, IDOX, provide up to date and accurate information to customers on general planning and related matters.
– To keep acquainted with current environmental legislation so as to be able to deal with enquiries from the general public and customers.
– To deal promptly with public enquiries resulting from phone calls, correspondence or e-mails, including drafting letters of response and enclosing the necessary information.
– To provide specialist professional and technical advice as required.
– To keep up to date with changing technical, legislative and organisational requirements by undertaking appropriate development and training.
– To maintain service delivery to the highest standards.
– To investigate and act upon alleged breaches of planning control in accordance with adopted policy and procedure, including carrying out research and site visits, and updating customers, as required.
– To attend Planning Committee and other meetings as required.
– To prepare comprehensive reports and assessments on wide-ranging & complex proposals
– To carry out or contribute to planning and environmental-related criminal investigations, including interviews under caution, as necessary.
– To represent the Council in hearings and by giving evidence in public inquiries and in court as necessary.
– To present evidence in planning appeals including acting as expert witness at public inquiries.
- Degree or HND/ HNC (or equivalent) in an environmental planning or related subject, or the ability to demonstrate through extended experience, the necessary knowledge to carry out the full range of duties. Relevant environmental degree and licentiate (or equivalent) status of the Royal Town Planning Institute
Full Chartered status attained through the experience route or equivalent.
Full Chartered Status the Royal Town Planning Institute, gained through the educational pathway (wherein Degree and Post Graduate Qualifications necessary to attain Chartered status).
Evidence of Continual Professional Development relevant to profession Management or leadership qualification
Project or Programme management Qualification e.g. PRINCE 2
Experience: Experience of working within a customer service environment including dealing with customers via written correspondence, face to face communication and on the telephone. Knowledge and understanding of the role and purpose of the Local Authority, the responsibilities of the Service area, and the political operating arena
Experience of working flexibly, prioritising tasks in order to meet deadlines Experience of using data management systems
Experienced user of information technology and Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook. Understanding of relevant policy, procedure and legislation relevant to the role.
Understanding of and the application of Lean/Systems Thinking to processes and procedures to deliver best value and customer focussed outcomes.
Knowledge and understanding of the role and purpose of the Local Authority, the responsibilities of the Service area, and the political operating arena Effective political operator with advanced knowledge and understanding of the Local Authority, the responsibilities of the Service area and the political operating arena.
Experience of using data management systems Experience of presenting effectively in meetings e.g. with stakeholders
Understanding of and the application of Lean/Systems Thinking to processes and procedures to deliver best value and customer focussed outcomes
Compliance: Up to date Passport and references
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.