Job Reference: 59170
- Whetstone, Leicestershire
- £12 - £12 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit a Plant Operative. They have bases at Kibworth, Loughborough and Whetstone.
£12 per hour.
– The purpose of the transfer station plant operative is to oversee the acceptance of waste into the WTS, appropriate segregation and sorting and bulking for onward transport to treatment destinations regularly operating plant such as loading shovels, telehandlers and forklift trucks.
1. To carry out duties, individually or as a member of a team, to maximise recycling at the facility
2. To assist and help maximise and improve the segregation of recyclables on the site including picking and sorting of waste from trade customers
3. To operate the sites loading shovel, telehandler, waste master, RORO shunter, forklift truck in addition to any other heavy plant as reasonable directed by Team Leader
4. To undertake cleaning and oversee maintenance of all the site’s mobile plant
5. To undertake inspections in line with agreed timescales.
6. To ensure the site’s opening and closing times are adhered to at all times according to the relevant site permit and Council operating procedures
7. To complete all regulatory and statutory paperwork as advised by your line manager within the time required
8. To ensure that all waste entering the site is verified as being in accordance with the relevant site permit.
9. To comply with all of the Council’s policies and procedures, including safe working procedures.
10. To assist in the traffic management on site, including vehicles entering and exiting the site when moving or exchanging waste containers
11. To carry out your duties in a professional manner.
12. Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role including assuming responsibility for the Team Leader when absent and acting as responsible key holder
13. To cooperate with the Council’s and with other employees in order to comply with health and safety legislation and the Council’s Health and safety Policies and Procedures
14. To ensure that within his/her areas of responsibility, the Council complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions
15. Responsible for protecting and managing information securely, and reporting breaches or suspected information security breaches, in line with Council policies.
- Qualifications: Basic level of literacy / Good standard of education including English and Mathematics at GCSE (or equivalent), Loading Shovel Ticket or able and willing to gain this qualification within a reasonable timeframe
- Experience: Previous experience in a customer facing role
Operating waste transfer heavy plant e.g. Telehandler and/or loading shove
- Compliance: Up to date Passport
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.