Job Reference: 58050
Policy And Performance Officer (Housing)
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- £19.4 - £19.4 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Policy And Performance Officer (Housing) to work in Nuneaton. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £19.40 per hour (umbrella).
- To assist in the development of the Councils’ housing strategies and related plans and policies, including undertaking and commissioning research.
- To improve service delivery through the provision of performance and business analytical services. This includes revising policies, procedures and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and that services meet the highest possible standards.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of housing and related policy, legislation and best practice including providing informed analysis. As directed, develops and revises policies and plans to meet statutory and best practice standards and requirements.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with senior managers, councillors, partners (from the public, private and third sectors) and communities in order to communicate, negotiate on and influence the development of the Regeneration & Housing directorate.
- As directed, assists in the development of the Councils’ housing strategies, policies and plans including undertaking research as required to ensure that the Councils’ housing objectives are evidenced.
Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of all housing policy and legislation and developments in good practice. Undertakes research and detailed policy analysis that helps to determine the implications and opportunities arising from these.
To provide policy briefings and draft responses to government consultation providing an informed and critical analysis of housing policies in particular and as required for other Housing and Regeneration Department services.
To promote best practice and innovation in the Department with a key focus on delivering corporate agendas, efficiency and effectiveness and the provision of high-quality services to residents.
As directed by the Head of Housing & Responsive Repairs, undertakes service reviews for the Department bringing forward recommendations for improvement ensuring that these meet statutory, regulatory and policy requirements.
Ensures that the necessary resources both financial and staffing are identified to facilitate new policies, practices and procedures.
Participates in cross departmental and other service reviews on behalf of the Department to ensure that the Department plays its full part in delivering corporate objectives.
Interprets, collates and reports relevant data for the Housing’s teams for performance, business improvement and need and demand purposes.
As directed works with departmental services to maintain and revise departmental performance indicators including KPIs. This will include reviewing and providing critical analysis of performance in delivering against housing strategy and related corporate objectives.
To analyse data and produce a suite of reports. Present service performance information (monitoring and identifying trends) against key indicators through a variety of means e.g. monthly performance management reports, performance clinics, ensuring that managers and team leaders are fully appraised of key performance trends and issues and that areas of under-performance can be effectively challenged.
- Qualifications: Educated to degree level in a related subject area or willing to work towards qualification.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.