Job Reference: 62017
Principal Transport Planner
- Hammersmith, Greater London
- £310.15 - £310.15 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Principal Transport Planner at Hammersmith and Fulham
– To lead on the development and delivery of transport strategy, policies, transport planning and travel demand management of the Council’s Transport and Climate Change objectives;
– To independently manage the effective development of a range of traffic, transportation, parking and sustainability related policies and to ensure the delivery of services so that Council and Department objectives and responsibilities are met.
– To develop creative and innovative solutions to complex transport and traffic matters and balance conflicting user and stakeholder demands.
– To act as lead public transport liaison officer and liaise with public transport operators (London Buses, London Underground, Network Rail and Train Operating Companies to secure improvements in services and advocate the borough’s interests and develop proposals for new and innovative services.
– To prepare the identification, production and submission of bids and securing of funding from partners, external bodies, government agencies and maintaining relationships with TfL, DfT and other local, regional and national government agencies.
– To manage, commission and carry out traffic, transport, kerbside and air quality studies including the collection, collation, analysis and reporting of data and findings.
– To liaise with and coordinate with all Council departments such as Economy, Regeneration, Planning and other divisions of the council to ensure strategic priorities and negotiations achieve the Councils agenda.
– To ensure the Council is compliant with current legislation and the emerging regulatory framework relevant to the service, including required codes of practice and statutory instruments where applicable.
– To confidently and independently manager complex and contentious planning and development matters and make decisions on scale, remit and scope of mitigations for the division.
– To manage the Team’s work on negotiating and advising as highway authority on pre planning advice, planning and development applications and deliver on the Council’s needs in respect of all major and minor Development Management, Transport Policy, Planning, Local Plan, Transport Sustainability, AQ and Climate Change.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.