Procurement Team Leader
- Location: Middlesbrough, England
- Salary: £19.31 - £19.31 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Procurement Team Leader to work in Middlesbrough. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and will be paying £19.31 per hour. The role will involve working from Monday – Friday (9am-5pm).
To lead and drive tender processes, support commissioning strategies and projects giving due regard to commerciality. To provide support, advice and guidance to all staff in relation to the commissioning and procurement of services in line with the Council’s Standing Order. To provide management guidance to all staff in relation to procurement processes and challenge where appropriate spend made by the Council to ensure best use of resources and value for money is being achieved.
- To provide expert advice and guidance to all staff in respect of any procurement activities ensuring compliance and understanding of Council Standing Orders and The Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- To be responsible for the Council’s model tender documents in order to ensure they are compliant, user friendly, fully accessible and fit for purpose in ensuring delivery of high quality services at the best price.
- To drive, promote and support the Councils vision for local procurement.
- To maintain contact with the market place to ensure awareness of latest trends and sector initiatives. This will include seeking feedback and holding procurement events, which will strengthen market management and enhance our procurement strategy.
- To implement and develop a robust Contract Management Framework in order to ensure value for money and high quality services are procured and identify areas for improvement either via contract management or re-procurement of services.
- To manage staff under their responsibility.
- To ensure legislative compliance in all areas of procurement, including production of Council procurement policies and strategies.
- To work with a range of procurement organisations in order to ensure knowledge and awareness of all the frameworks opportunities open to the Council which could enhance procurement and achieve value for money.
- Educated to A level / degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: References covering the last 2 years and proof of right to work in the UK.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.