- Location: Gateshead, England
- Salary: £25.7 - £25.7 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Programme Manager to work with Gateshead Council. This position is initially for a period of 12 months and will be paying £25.70 per hour. The role can be home-based with potential on-site requirement at go-live. This is a preference but not a deal breaker – if you aren’t based in the North East then they can set you up to work from home. The role is 37hrs a week with flexi between 6am-10pm.
Gateshead Council wishes to appoint a Programme Manager (social care systems) candidate to complete the implementation of its social care system replacement. Following the resignation of the incumbent Programme Manager, a replacement is required for circa 12 months to programme manage the remaining stages of the implementation.
Gateshead went live with Children’s Mosaic in January 2022 and are aiming to make Adults live in the summer of 2023. There is still a number of areas to conclude in getting to go-live.
Gateshead has a waterfall project management approach with 3 layers of Boards to serve; an Executive Board (Strategic Directors), Programme Board (Service Directors and Workstream Leads) and sub-Board (Children’s Service Managers). There is also a Joint Board with the supplier The Access Group. The candidate will be expected to liaise weekly with their equivalent within The Access Group to ensure project plans marry-up and to ensure all areas are running smoothly.
The candidate will manage the project team consisting of 2 Lead Practitioners and 3 Business Analysts along with a third-party agency who is completing the finance migration on Gateshead’s behalf. There are also Workstream Leads which are matrix managed for integrations, practice, purchasing, finance, training, migration, portals and performance/reporting.
- Manage weekly the Workstream Leads and ensure project milestones are being achieved
- Write Board Highlight reports for all 4 Boards and ensure Board members are briefed on the current position
- Oversee the finance migration workstream and unblock any issues
- Weekly Project Team meeting
- Attend Adults Senior Management Team to provide updates where necessary
- Attend all Board meetings; there is project support available for coordinating and issuing reports
- Attend Purchasing workstream to oversee and unblock any issues
- Work with third parties for system integrations with Mosaic
- Produce accurate and updated project plans
- Work with the supplier to unblock issues and act on behalf of Gateshead Council in addressing issues with project work tickets on the supplier’s platform
- Instance management
- Attending customer user group meetings (virtually)
- Provide 1:1 support for each of the Project Team members you will manage
- Take the lead in remedying and providing solutions
- PRINCE 2 qualification.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 years written references and proof of right to work in the UK.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.