Job Reference: 56440
Programme Manager – Community Vaccine Champions
- Tower Hamlets, Greater London
- £22.87 - £29.4 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Programme Manager (Community Vaccine Champions) to work in Tower Hamlets. This position is initially for a period of 4 months and is paying from £22.87 – £29.40 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The Council are looking for a programme manager to lead an exciting new engagement initiative called Community Vaccine Champions, working within the Public Health team, to increase Covid-19 vaccine uptake in the borough.
The role will direct line manage four locality co-ordinators; who will have four locality officers reporting in to them.
The programme involves three elements:
- Outreach – recruit and retain a minimum of 40 Community Vaccine Champions to run fun, social & engaging activities and events in the community to support Covid-19 outreach and increase vaccination levels within the borough.
- Small grants – deliver a small grants programme for the voluntary & community sector to support conversations & signposting to targeted groups with low vaccine uptake.
- Training & development – deliver a training programme to build capacity within new and existing networks to provide information & support around covid-19 vaccinations & increase uptake
- To manage and oversee a locality-based engagement programme which aims to increase vaccination uptake in Tower Hamlets; through minimising practical barriers in accessing vaccinations, tackling mis-information about Covid-19 and vaccinations, and improving the reach of Public Health messages through trusted voices.
- To oversee recruitment and retention of Community Vaccine Champions x 40 (10 in each locality), and support our youth commission who are recruiting an additional 20 young Champions – Champions will design and develop innovative activities and events within the community to share key messages & support vaccine uptake.
- The role will directly manage & support four locality based co-ordinators; who will in turn manage four locality officers, to support the recruitment, retention & development of the 40 – 60 Champions and activities in the community.
- Manage a budget of £485k, providing appropriate budget estimates and expenditure projections and ensuring that budgets are not exceeded and that value for money is secured.
- To work in partnership with existing Covid-19 engagement programmes including Stay Safe Ambassadors, Covid-19 Community Champions, our local vaccination clinics, engagement & vaccination bus, safe communities commissions & mobile testing units, helping to ensure resources are effectively deployed and co-ordinated.
- Work in partnership with Tower Hamlets CVS to support the £100,000 small grants budget to commission services from Voluntary and Community groups who are working in/with targeted groups and communities within the localities.
- To access all relevant evidence and data relating to local vaccination rates and use this to target approach and resources with the locality teams.
- To co-produce a communications and engagement plan based on insights to enhance the visibility of Covid-19 information & signposting to vaccination sites.
- To update and work closely with other Public Health colleagues to understand the bigger picture and ensure programmes of work are coordinated and complementary, and that the work of the Community Vaccine Champions is promoted and recognised.
- Build on the Council’s existing CRM system to support engagement outreach, & signposting
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Previous strategic programme management and operational line management experience. Experience and understanding of basic data analysis to ensure programme is developed on quantitative evidence and qualitative insight and ability to translate this into operational plans.
- Compliance: Current DBS and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.