Job Reference: HAF-004535
- Hammersmith & Fulham, Greater London
- £300 - £450 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an experienced Project Engineer for Hammersmith and Fulham Council on a temporary contract.
To manage and deliver individual engineering projects involving design and construction including highway, traffic management, works for developers, work for other departments, and other related municipal engineering works carried out within the Highways Division.
- To design engineering schemes to meet clients requirements
- To carry out investigations, (including site investigations), and feasibility studies to determine whether projects are financially or technically viable
- To carry out the tendering process for the delivery of engineering schemes under the Councils Contract Code
- To apply for and carry out necessary procedures (including producing drawings, issuing press notices) for planning permission for various schemes
- To undertake contract management including supervising works contractors to ensure compliance with contractual and statutory requirements. This includes issuing works orders, giving technical approval, assessing valuations and certifying completion of works
- To authorise and expedite works on a rechargeable basis to private and utility companies, developers, frontagers and others to maximise financial recovery and prevent highway infrastructure deterioration
- To prepare highway legal agreements, designs, contract documents, works programmes, estimates, quotations, and tenders
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree relevant to Highways, Surveying, Construction (i.e. Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Geography, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Geology or equivalent) & Holding a current Street Works (NRWSA) Supervisor qualification
- Experience: 2+ years practical experience in working within the Highways industry, liaising with contractors and assessing works orders and repairs.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.