Job Reference: 56775
Property Inspector (Housing)
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £23.54 - £23.54 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Property Inspector (Housing) to work in Southampton. This position is initially for a period of 5 months and is paying £23.54 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options are available).
You will carry out inspections of the council’s housing stock, provide detailed inspection records and create work orders for contractors where required.
You will meet, liaise with and consult with tenants, leaseholders, other agencies, contractors, elected members and other interested parties, to support works of repair, resolve site issues, service complaints and to give advice and information as required.
You will support the management of all contractual and technical matters. You will contribute to the development and implementation of relevant strategies, policies and procedures.
- Undertake surveys, inspect properties, diagnose building defects and prepare reports and schedules of work ensuring that they are satisfactorily remedied within the agreed timescale.
- Provide advice and assistance to colleagues, tenants, leaseholders and neighbouring occupiers on repair and maintenance issues.
- Identify rechargeable repairs including investigations and process the rechargeable account.
- Investigate and make recommendations on tenants applications for permission to carry out improvements and investigate tenants requests for compensation for improvements they have undertaken.
- Liaise with and monitor contractors engaged on repair works.
- Approve invoices, certificates and claims for payment.
- Deal with complaints and service enquiries from tenants, leaseholders, elected members, MP’s and colleagues within other departments
- Maintain accurate records of pre and post inspections and works undertaken.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: References covering the last 3 years and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.