Job Reference: 59207
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £40 - £50 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Leicester City Council are looking for a Qualified solicitor, barrister or fellow legal executive required immediately, specialising in childcare law.
£40 – £50 per hour.
Initial 3 month contract. Possibility of extension or going permanent.
To perform the duties involved in providing a comprehensive legal service to the Council.
1. To provide high quality legal services to the Council and other public bodies if
2. This post will be in the [insert Team or Section] and the post holder may be
required to work within one of the other legal sections detailed in the summary of
job tasks overleaf.
3. To ensure these services are provided in accordance with standards required by client departments and other recipients of the service in a manner which is
purposive, meets client need and achieves corporate priorities in a changing legal landscape
4. To assist in the supervision and training of less experienced staff.
5. To be flexible so as to work in other disciplines and in multi-disciplinary project
teams as required/appropriate, acting as work-stream lead if needed.
6. To undertake such tasks appropriate to the post holder to facilitate effectiveness, efficiency and economy of the Legal Services Division and meet the challenges of a best value authority.
7. To ensure that the Council’s equal opportunities policy is properly adhered to in the carrying out of the tasks of the post.
- Qualifications: Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal
Executive entitled to practise.
- Experience: Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification
experience in Child Care litigation, to include
advising on social services functions in respect of
children, young persons, safeguarding and
judicial review challenges
- Good written and oral communication skills
Demonstrable skills in giving clear, accurate and
timely advice orally and in writing
- Excellent advocacy skills plus a willingness to undertake advocacy
- Research and analysis skills
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to meet the client’s needs
- Demonstrable skills and strengths in negotiation, drafting, giving advice , persuading and influencing
- Willing and able to adapt to new and differing areas of work and or procedures
- Presentation Skills
- Compliance: Up to date Passport and Drivers Licence.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.