Job Reference: 55680
Quality Assurance and Governance Officer – Barnsley
- Barnsley, Gloucestershire
- £20.67 - £20.67 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Quality Assurance and Governance Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity in Barnsley.
– Following long period of stability team has exploded, in October a long standing member of staff retired
– One of other QA Officers on mat leave
– Also a leaver coming up
– Tried to recruit 3 times – combination of lack of applicants, lack of qualifications & relevant experience
– Essential for a degree level qual, not necessarily in social work, could even be in research
– Big part of this role is around what quality is and good research practices
– Someone from social care would be good or someone from childrens services eg. Early Help
– Must be able to write – big part of the role is leading implementation of quality assurance framework – this underpins continuous service improvement framework
– Pull together audits & scheduling for the year which might need to flex on
– Working with service to share learns and messages from the auditing work
– Stick to the programme of dates / timescales
– Produce information for service IE one page flyer, 25 page report on actions
– Present at social work forums which can be attended by 70 people – present key messages and findings
– Everything that comes under Childrens services eg. social work, youth justice, early help
– Programme and plans in place for key priorities and actions, track and monitor this, evidence improvement and impact following on from actions & keep evidence back. Due next inspection shortly, striving for Outstanding
– Need to be ready for inspections & ready to respond, continuous cycle
– Need to be comfortable with long hours – inspections tend to be 2 weeks 5 days notice and 5 days on site
– Control room staffed from 7AM – 9PM. May be days where need to cover control from 7 – 9PM.
– Office based one day a week from middle of February, one day a week on a Tuesday based in Westgate
– 6 Months initially – potential for extension
– Strong with MS Packages – Teams / Heavy use of Excel / Word / Basic statistical info
Provide effective leadership to ensure high quality, person-centred services that are safe and effective, developing, monitoring and evaluating the quality of practice as identified through relevant frameworks, assisting service managers in the challenge to improve practice.
Ensure that incidents and complaints are reported, investigated and lessons learnt are identified implemented and monitored across the service and that any trends and patterns which indicate an increased risk are escalated as appropriate.
Lead and drive social care practice audits, ensuring they are of high quality and are supported by sound knowledge of what good practice is required in each service area.
Undertake detailed analysis of audits and complex performance data, providing reports, presentations and information appropriate for a range of audiences including managers, councillors and employees. Undertake independent audits of social care records and cases and report findings to senior managers, providing challenge regarding practice in order to drive improvements.
Drive improvement planning through participation in senior management meetings, audits, completion of high level reports and action plans, as well as the development of policies, procedures and training workshops and/or programmes aimed at embedding good practice.
Author policies, procedures and guidance for social care and the multi-agency workforce, as identified through quality assurance activity, annual reviews, changes in legislation and national best practice.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.