Reablement and Care Support Worker
- Location: Newtown, Wales
- Salary: £15.83 - £20 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are currently looking for a number of Reablement and Care Support Workers to work with Powys County Council. We have vacancies in Welshpool and Newtown. Both locations have 35 hours per week or 5 x 12 hour shifts. Shifts run from 07:00-14:30 and 14:30-10:00. There is the option to work up to 60 hours per week for candidates that want extra hours. The hourly rate is £15.83 (PAYE) or £20.00 (umbrella).
To be responsible for implementing Personal Plans to meet individual outcomes in regaining skills, independence, and ongoing support requirements. To assist or enable service users to remain living within the community, enhancing the quality of their lives, supporting and maintaining them safely in their own environment. Complying with requirements of a service Registered with Care Inspectorate for Wales under Registration and Inspection of Social Care Act 2016.
- To support people to meet their identified assessed needs and outcomes in a person centred way. To support people who may have a plan written from a health therapist possibly using a variety of different settings. These tasks should be undertaken in line with promotion of independence as much as possible.
- To support people with personal care, manual handling tasks which may include people handling equipment where required, and support with administration of medication in accordance with their personal plan.
- To support people to identify and support reconnection with their local community and networks. Encourage the person in all areas of his/her life with particular emphasis upon maintaining and increasing independence wherever this is realistically possible.
- To understand what matters to an?individual and help them to manage risks to maximise choice and control over their lives. To work with service-users, in regaining their independence in daily living skills, including personal care. May also include a limited amount of night sitting.
- To work as of team as part of a team, offering a flexible approach with roster whilst supporting the scheduled tasks relevant to the individual’s personal plan which may relate to domiciliary care or reablement.
- Communicate and build up effective working relationships with individuals, their carers, and other professionals, in supporting them and providing information updates. To attend interagency meetings where appropriate. To communicate with Managers, Assessors and Therapists for feedback and progression on personal plans
- To comply with the duty to report safeguarding concerns in accordance with current legislation and procedures.
- To report any service gaps and concerns about quality-of-service provision for the service to remain compliant with the RISCA regulations 2016 including supporting service users with Quality Assurance.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.