- Location: Slough, England
- Salary: £18.55 - £18.55 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Maya Maddison
Seven Social Care are looking for a dedicated and driven Reablement Assistant to work in Slough, with Slough’s Reablement and Independence Service.
The role will be undertaken within a home setting or in the community depending upon each person’s Reablement plan. The Reablement Assistants will promote the wellbeing of the service users and enable service users to retain and achieve the highest levels of independence and daily living skills by teaching, assisting and motivating people to re-learn activity which achieves increased independence.
- To assist people to achieve the outcomes co-produced in Reablement plans which enables them to regain the highest levels of independence within daily living skills. Typically, Reablement plans will last up to 6 weeks.
- Monitor and review people’s goals/needs on a daily basis, ensuring effective implementation of the Reablement plan feeding back to the team when goals have been achieved or unmet.
- To assist with personal care i.e. washing, toileting and dressing / undressing, medication and practical tasks e.g. meal preparation, where necessary.
- To work jointly with, Reablement and Health and Social Care Professionals to deliver refined and specific Reablement plans
- To maintain accurate records and to feed back to relevant professionals any details regarding changes in the service user’s medical and social circumstances.
- To comply with Safe Moving and Handling guidance whilst assisting service users to transfer and report any potential Health and Safety Risks.
- To follow policies and procedures within the service and be aware of the appropriate actions to take in emergency scenarios.
- To undertake all mandatory training in a timely way to meet service requirements and to undertake other training in line with PDP.
- To be willing to undertake QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and all Mandatory Training
- To attend and contribute to Multi Disciplinary Team Meetings.
- To undertake any other tasks commensurate to the post.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date training and current DBS check.
- Hours: Flexibility on offer depending on your availability.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.