Reablement Support Worker
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £12.69 - £15.48 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Reablement Support Workers to work in South Shields. One of these positions is to work days and the other is to work nights. Both positions are initially for a period of 3 months with the view to extend.
The hourly rate for the nights is £15.48 and the hourly rate for days is £12.69.
To deliver a high quality of care to a diverse range of people with care and support needs, adopting a person-centred approach with a focus on promoting independence and wellbeing.
You will predominantly be attached to one establishment/team but will be expected to work flexibly across a range of establishments/teams, as required.
- Undertaking a flexible role across a range of in-house services, applying transferable skills and knowledge, and the principles of equality and diversity to a range of individuals.
- Working shift patterns, including evenings/overnights and weekends, as appropriate and required.
- Facilitating admissions to the service, liaising with family and other agencies for support, personal belongings and supplies as required.
- Liaise with South Tyneside Homes Housing Officers to report any issues on site, to facilitate service users taking part in planned scheme activities and liaise with all parties regarding permanent accommodation vacancies that may arise.
- Liaising with a range of other professionals, engaging with multi-agency work, to provide a high standard of care, promoting independence and wellbeing.
- Delivering a high quality of personal care and supporting the emotional and physical needs of service users.
- Administering medication according to policy and procedure, applying best practice at all times and working to the best interest of the individual.
- Encouraging service users to exercise their own choices and formulate their own decisions where possible.
- NVQ Level 2 oe 3 in Health and Social Care.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS, proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.