Reablement Team Leader
- Location: Slough, England
- Salary: £31.31 - £31.31 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Maya Maddison
Seven Social Care is looking for an experienced Reablement Team Leader to work in Slough, for the Slough Borough Council.
Ensuring the safe delivery of regulated activity as part of the Reablement and Independence service this involves overseeing the work of the Reablement assistants and Reablement supervisors to ensure the delivery of Reablement care that is CQC compliant. The Reablement Team Leader will oversee the practice and delivery of regulated activity within the Reablement and Independence service. This role is community-based assessing and auditing the input of Reablement assistants and delegating activity to the Reablement Supervisors to deliver on key observation, audit and assurance documentation. The Reablement Team leader will communicate regularly with the Reablement Compliance Officer and Registered manager in regard to audit findings and service development requirements.
The Reablement Team Leader role will promote the wellbeing of the service users and support the development of Reablement Assistants and Supervisors to deliver best practice in maximising the independence of people.
- To provide leadership for Reablement Assistants and Reablement Supervisors promoting a ‘can do’ culture in line with the policies and procedures of the service.
- To supervise their group of Reablement Assistants and Supervisors.
- Lead on arranging direct observations, audits and care plan/medication record reviews. The Reablement Team Leader.
- Ensuring each service user in the Reablement service has appropriate care plans and associated risk assessments.
- To support Reablement Assistants and Supervisors in problem solving including undertaking emergency manual handling risk assessments, medication administration record updates and health and safety visits as required.
- To actively encourage service users to reach their maximum levels of independence by regularly review care plans in place and ensuring Occupational Therapists update goals in a timely way.
- To lead in the induction and on-going development of new and current staff. This will include on the job training as well as formal training.
- To will work closely with health and social care colleagues and professionals to achieve to goals and aspirations of service users.
- Responsible for staff rotas and managing cover for annual leave and sickness.
- Take part in a duty function of the service on a rota’d basis
The Reablement Team Leader will be a flexible and willing to undertake any other duties appropriate to the post.
£31.31 per hour (weekdays, rates are higher on weekends and nights)
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date training and current DBS check.
- Hours: Flexibility on offer depending on your availability.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.