Job Reference: 62323
- London, Greater London
- £19.81 - £19.81 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Recycling Assistant to work within the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Initial 3 month contract as you’re covering a vacancy.
£ 19.81 per hour
Temp – perm opportunities are possible but not 100% guaranteed. You would need to re-apply however if you’re already in the service then you have a better chance of being successful.
Assist with the promotion and increase in the level of residential and business / commercial waste recycling throughout the Borough, through engaging with, and educating, residents and businesses to ensure increased and correct use of all available recycling options.
1. People Management
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
2. Resident & Community Contribution
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Council’s Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of ‘putting our residents first’.
- Engage with all aspects of our residents and users of the borough to ensure the maximum recycling material is captured and diverted from the waste stream.
3. Operational Service Delivery
- Assist with the day to day activities of the recycling and waste service.
- Liaise with various stakeholders, partners and potential customers to promote the Council’s recycling services.
- Help deliver a variety of recycling initiatives surrounding recycling topics across the borough.
- Work with schools to help promote recycling messages and policies.
- Work with residents, including those living in flatted accommodation, to help towards improved quality and volume of recycling materials and diverting recycling waste from residual waste.
- Promote recycling initiatives by through roadshows and attending local events.
- Assist with door to door campaigns to promote the recycling service.
- Work with our commercial businesses to promote recycling waste.
- Keep up to date with new recycling initiatives and actively work to improve your understanding of recycling issues.
4. Service Planning & Development
- Maintain knowledge of the current Team Plan and understanding of your own contribution in order to ensure delivery of this plan.
5. Financial & Resource Management
- Demonstrate cost-consciousness and identify any cost effective changes to your own way of working.
6. Continuous Improvement
- To identify and suggest any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for customers.
- To help improve the overall recycling behaviour of our residents and users of the borough.
- Primary contacts will be with other officers of the Council, service users/potential service users and contractors and schools.
8. Additional Responsibilities
- Complete other reasonable tasks in order to fulfil role purpose or as required by management.
9. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Successful delivery against KPIs
Achieve increases in recycling rates
Improve the overall quality of recycling materials collected
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Support Worker who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.