Job Reference: 59190
Registered Manager/Officer in Charge
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- £22.58 - £27.73 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Registered Manager/Officer in Charge to work at a childrens residential unit in Newcastle. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £22.58 – £27.73 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The planning, organisation and management of a residential establishment for young people with severe emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties, which meets the minimum requirements of National Standards for Residential Care.
- Monitor child care practice in the Care Home and ensure that they comply with Directorate policies and practices, to enhance the outcomes of Looked After Children and ensure that the dignity of the young person is respected.
- Oversee the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes for service users in consultation with fieldwork staff. Liaise with other child care professionals as necessary.
- Ensure records and reports are kept regarding children (and their families where appropriate) and that these are relevant, factual and up to date.
- To plan, organise and manage in the most efficient and effective way work undertaken by staff at the residential child care establishment, ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet service needs.
- Ensure that good standards of supervision and order are maintained with service users. Establish and maintain daily routines with the aim of promoting good behaviour, the general safety and welfare of service users and ensure that appropriate risk assessment and risk management strategies are in place.
- Prepare complex reports relating to issues concerning residential child care, attending or participating on committees, working groups etc. In consultation with the LAC Service Manager represent the Directorate, as appropriate.
- Qualifications: Level 5 management qualification ideally in the management of health and social care and/or children and young people’s services.
- Experience: Knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements, local procedures, best practice and current trends in child residential care. Able to lead a team and deliver a service to an agreed business plan. Track record of effective leadership, development and motivation of staff.
- Compliance: Current DBS, 2 references and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.