Rent Recovery Officer
- Location: Basildon, Essex
- Salary: £15.95 - £15.95 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Rent Recovery Officer to work in Basildon. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £15.95 per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
- To manage higher value/complex rent arrears cases taking enforcement action as necessary including representing the Council in the County Court
- To maximise rental income to the Council and minimise rent arrears.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, policy and guidance.
- To deliver a customer focused rent collection service.
- To ensure effective collection of all rent arrears following the service of a Notice of Seeking Possession stage in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for preparing and issuing all relevant notices with effective case management of high level rent arrears, within a defined area where previous early interventions have failed.
- To promote a payment culture through all contact with tenants.
- To progress all Housing Management system recommendations for arrears recovery taking the necessary actions as required.
- To negotiate payment arrangements based upon the tenant’s income and expenditure commitments and in line with agreed Policies and Procedures.
- To promote the most effective payment method taking into account the tenants individual circumstances.
- To provide accurate information to all tenants and ensure that take up of housing and other benefits are maximised.
- To refer tenants to the Council’s Housing Advice Service and other debt management organisations such as Citizens Advice and Family Mosaic.
- To liaise and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and other service providers to maximise income and prevent arrears escalating.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 x references and a current DBS.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.