Job Reference: 58519
Residential Child Care Worker
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- £13.21 - £13.21 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Residential Child Care Worker to start a new position in Rochdale.
We are looking for someone who understands the impact of trauma experienced by most young people who are ‘in care’ and is able to offer a nurturing approach in the face of sometimes challenging behaviours. You will be working alongside both residential and children’s social care staff to meet the holistic needs of children in your care. Jobs range from being prepared to support young people with cooking meals to actively engaging and encouraging them to participate in home and community life. The role of this home is to help and prepare young people to move on to a more permanent family life environment within their community.
- To assist in providing a safe, secure, and accepting environment for children and young people, appropriate to their age, understanding and identified needs.
To participate in the assessment of each child’s/young person’s needs and regular reviewing individual care plans/programmes.
To receive children/young people admitted to the residential home in a sensitive/caring manner and to ensure individuals have an appropriate understanding of the background of their admission into care.
- Experience: Experience of working in a children’s residential home. Must have worked with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties aged between 11- 18 years in a children’s home environment.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 Qualification in Looking After Children and Young People
- Compliance: Up to date Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours (Full Time) Must be prepared to work shifts including sleep-ins and weekends on a rota basis.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.