Residential Registered Manager
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Salary: £24.46 - £24.46 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Birmingham Children’s Trust to recruit a residential registered manager for their service in Bridgelands Way.
£24.46 per hour PAYE.
On-going contract with an initial 3 months.
1.1 To be responsible for the children’s home including its resources, budgets allocation and usage, and the health and safety of both the children and staff
1.2 To act as the corporate parent.
1.3 To ensure the home meets the Quality standards and Childrens Homes regulations at all times.
1.4 To take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the home, acting at all times to promote the best interests of the children living in the home.
1.5 To lead on staff development and support to staff
2.1 To work within and meet the Quality Care Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations 2015.
2.2 To ensure the statement of purpose for the home is met.
2.3 To ensure the children are provided with support.
2.4 To keep records and archive according to the Children’s Homes Regulations and Data protection Act. To accurately maintain both staff and children’s records on paper and electronically.
2.5 To prepare the home for Ofsted inspection and prepare action plans post inspection.
2.6 Ensure the care plans of children are carried out and contribute to reviews and care planning.
2.7 Consult and engage with children and their families.
2.8 To build an effective team.
2.9 To work in partnership with other agencies to ensure effective service delivery and care planning.
2.10 To champion best practice, supporting others through mentoring, coaching and professional supervision. Arrange relevant training, to undertake appraisals. and to manage sickness and disciplinary issues as appropriate.
2.11 To ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical requirements.
2.12 To ensure health and safety standards re adhered to at all times.
2.13 Work within and promote the City councils equal opportunities Policy
2.14 To develop plans to improve the service offered by the home.
2.15 To ensure relevant policies and procedures are in place and applied correctly.
2.16 To be accountable for the budget and its effective management including value for money.
2.17 To ensure the staff provides activities and active support for children residing at the home.
2.18 To collaborate with colleagues and attend wider management team meetings.
2.19 To promote positive change for the young people and help them to achieve in education and health.
2.20 To establish and maintain partnership and multi-agency arrangement
2.21 To manage investigations of complaints
2.22 Providing management information and reports to senior managers
– Qualifications: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care or Equivalent.
– Experience: 1. Within the last five years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to residential care of children.
2. For at least 1 year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
3. Experience in working with children and families who present complex needs.
4. Business and management skills to manage the work efficiently and effectively
5. Experience of direct work with children and undertaking assessments of need
6. Financial experience of managing resources within budget limits to ensure the home is run financially soundly, ensuring the long-term financial viability of the home
7. Experience and understanding of undertaking risk assessments and managing risks.
– Compliance: Up to date Passport and DBS.
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.