Residential Social Care Worker
- Location: Hartlepool, England
- Salary: £12 - £12 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Residential Social Care Workers to support a young male in a residential home. We require 2 members of staff every weekend from Friday after school until Monday morning (times may vary) each weekend for the next 4 weeks (need may be longer or shorter than 4 weeks). The hourly rate is £12.00 per hour.
To assist in the effective day to day running of the Children’s Unit ensuring the care and welfare needs of the children, young people and their families for whom the home provides a service are met.
All staff will be expected to consider their role in the context of the objectives that the Department is working towards and to contribute constructively to the continuous improvement, performance management and best value culture and also the interagency context of the Departments work.
- Support children and young people on an individual basis, working within specific elements of an assessment of needs package with other professionals/agencies and in a manner which respects their dignity, promotes development of their independence and overall quality of life.
- Working alongside the key worker and be involved in the implementation of elements of the child/young persons care plan, liaising with staff and colleagues from other professions and maintaining a positive relationship with the child/young persons parent/carer. It is expected that in the role of key worker visits will be made to the child/young persons own home.
- Where required as part of the care plan assist the child/young person in all aspects of their personal care as appropriate e.g. dressing, bathing, toileting.
- Assist children/young people to develop their social and personal skills providing encouragement and support both within the unit and the community.
- Provide information that contributes to the development of assessments, care plans and risk assessments by professional team members in respect of children/young people and ensure they are monitored and updated accordingly. Complete all necessary records relating to the provision of the service accurately and timely and ensure that reporting systems are followed. Ensure recording of all contacts with children, young people and their families and professionals complies with departmental policy and procedures.
- Participate with more senior colleagues, in an outreach support package which may include supporting a child/young person with disabilities to participate in community activities and/or providing support to the child/young person and their parents within their own home.
- To support the involvement of families, Social Workers and other professional staff in the support the child/young person receives.
- Level 3 qualified in childcare or health and social care.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 years written references and a current DBS check.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.