Job Reference: RK101
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- £13.44 - £16.6 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a dynamic, dedicated Residential Workers to work in Wakefield with its picturesque vales, secluded woods and vibrant town.
We require staff to have experience with children and young people.
You will be on an inital 6 month Contract
The role of the Residential Worker:
Provides care and supervision to a house managing the care provision for up to 12 young people with special needs. Able to work to the highest standards within a strong child centred ethos in an organisation which encourages team work and is committed to providing a high standard of primary care and education through the active development and support of its staff group
Key Responsibilities as a Residential Worker:
- Share responsibility with co-workers for directly supervising young people and engaging them in activities appropriate for their age and circumstances.
- Guides and engages with young people through normal daily living routines which will best meet the primary care needs of each individual in the group and personally interacts with young people to ensure the safety and well being of each young person as an individual at the same time as maintaining the integrity and stability of the group.
- Provides support for young people in a classroom setting.
- Engages young people in a wide range of stimulating and therapeutic activities, both on-site and in the community
- Qualifications: SVQ Level 2
- Experience: 2+ years working with children and young people.
- Compliance: Up to date SSSC registration and PVG.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for over a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.