Job Reference: 58933
Resource Worker – Childrens Homes
- Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
- £11.47 - £14.48 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Resource Workers to work in Childrens Homes across Middlesbrough. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £11.47 – £14.48 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioral, health, social and cultural needs of the children and families for whom the home provides a service. This may include working with children with challenging behaviour, complex emotional problems, mental health and other additional/special needs.
The post holder will be based initially in a named Home, but will be expected to be prepared to work in any Middlesbrough Children’s Home or Centre as needed, or to work with children who are living in the community.
- Provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioral, health, social and cultural needs of the children and families for whom the Centre provides a service. This will include working in the home, and also working to support children in the community, in other settings, and working in children’s own homes.
Follow Care Plans and any other plans in place for the child, including safeguarding plans, health plans, and behavioral plans.
Support the child attending educational, religious, social and cultural activities.
Supervising contact between children, young people and members of their family or others as directed by the court, or in line with Care Planning
Administer medication once training has been given, which may include emergency medication.
To support young people in a semi independence placement preparing them for adulthood, staff must have the skills to support young people to grow and develop skills such as finance, budgeting, home maintenance and other domestic roles to enable them to live independently.
Represent the service by attending relevant meetings related to the care of children including review, and planning meetings and complete reports on meetings attended.
Complete the role of a link worker and complete appropriate recording and documentation related to the care of children such as care plans, risk assessments, behavioural plans, one to one’s, recording on the computer database. Use other information technology and associated systems as needed.
- Qualifications: A recognised NVQ 3 or QCF diploma in working with children and young people, or equivalent relevant to the work, including HSC 375 medication or equivalent – or a willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: 2 years written references and current DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Part-time and full-time basis.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.