Job Reference: 56501
Revenue And Benefits Officer
- Bideford, Devon
- £18 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Revenue And Benefits Officer to work in Bideford, Devon. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £18.00 – £25.00 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options are available).
To bill the right person at the right property at the right time. Take correct action to maximise recovery of Council Tax
- Maintain timely and accurate council tax records in relation to all chargeable and exempt dwellings in the District, together with the liable person(s) and their indebtedness.
- Have a skilled application of knowledge of the operation of computer systems for both disciplines.
- Ensure correct notifications and billing and recovery documents are forwarded to the customer in accordance with the regulations and the council’s policies.
- Obtain, correctly interpret and record accurate information, which other officers rely on.
- Represent the Council at the Magistrate Court or a Tribunal Hearing, or as a witness, or to provide advice where appropriate.
- Maintain timely and accurate records in relation to information supplied from whatever source connected with ensuring the correct entitlement to benefit, and the accurate charging, collection and recovery of tax.
- Maintain timely and accurate records in relation to new and existing claims for benefit.
- Maintain timely and accurate records in relation to all changes affecting entitlement to, and payment of benefit.
- Ability to interpret and absorb and apply complex Council Tax Legislation.
- Establish and process all methods of recovery of Council Tax Support Overpayments and Council Tax making arrangements to repay debts where appropriate.
- Apply skill and judgment when decisions require a level of interpretation of the Regulations and/or the customer’s circumstances are not obvious.
- Demonstrate a proven capacity to work within the timescales set out in the law, government targets, and internal targets meeting the high accuracy standards required.
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure.
- Qualifications: 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: 3 years written references and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.