Safeguarding in Partnership Officer
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £19.31 - £23.63 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Safeguarding in Partnership Officer to work in South Shields. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £19.31 (PAYE) or £23.63 (umbrella) per hour.
You will work within a Safeguarding in Partnership Team receiving referrals from professionals and members of the public concerning adults, who through certain life choices are placing themselves at significant risk of serious harm to their health and wellbeing.
The overall objective of the post is to facilitate positive change by working in a creative way to engage some of the most disenfranchised adults at risk of serious harm through lifestyle choices. Through the strength of a highly person centred, patient and persistent approach, you will enable the adult to navigate professional systems, be an accessible choice promoter and use the trusting relationship to lever longer term change.
The overall longer term outcomes will be a reduction in the risk of serious harm and other adverse outcomes and increase in the adults resilience, self-belief, aspiration and self-care and living a more secure and safer life. Success will be measured by adults own accounts of changes in their health and ‘social’ wellbeing and in reductions in use of blue light services and an increase in measurable mainstream activity such as maintain a tenancy and/or refraining from using alcohol.
- Maintain effective and constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external partners, including Social Work, Health, Housing, Education, Police, Probation Service; also engaging with Voluntary and Private Sector to ensure referrals are responded to robustly and are effectively signposted.
- Through liaison, dialogue and searching associated databases collect and collate relevant information to the outcome of the referral.
- To provide information to people and their carers through liaison with internal and external agencies to enable access to relevant services and to encourage them to engage and participate.
- To promote and embed the effective delivery of strength based approaches to support planning, maximising on an individual’s strengths and community / family resources.
- To ensure clear, concise, and accurate recording of work undertaken and good electronic and paper file management is maintained.
- To appropriately risk assess referrals and escalate enquiries when necessary.
- Participate in multi-agency risk analysis meetings to inform case management, advising, where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate.
- To provide written reports to represent individual and carers needs and ensure you maintain a high level of data quality for all information recorded, ensuring that the information is timely, accurate and complete.
- To safeguard individuals in a way that supports them in making choices and having control in how they choose to live their lives. Ensure that the ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ ethos is at the heart of all social care practice.
- Provide a commitment to knowing the community you serve and develop links and opportunities within it.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of the service.
- Take responsibility for ensuring individual practice meets with Council guidelines, policies and procedures as well as local and national professional standards, including attending training and professional development events and activities relevant to the role and necessary for registration with relevant bodies.
- A professional qualification such as a Housing, psychology, substance misuse or equivalent.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.