Job Reference: 57620
Safeguarding Senior Social Worker
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £29.93 - £32.33 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with Birmingham Children’s Trust to recruit Safeguarding Senior Social Workers for South Birmingham at Lifford House.
Pay for the Senior Social Workers is between £29.93 – £32.33 per hour depending on experience.
These are initial 3 month contracts with the onlook of extension.
It is expected that staff are in the office on Tuesdays with the rest of the team. Supervisions can take place virtually or in person. TM will be office based on Tuesday & Friday’s.
– Experience within the Safeguarding Team, as you will be required to carry out established planning and assessments to meet their needs
– Excellent report writing skills, and the ability to provide quality assessments
– Experience within court is desired
– Throughout the job you will be given caseloads which will require you to support individuals and their families through difficult times and ensure the best possible outcome Is met for the child
What is the average caseload/workload? 17 as an average
What age groups does your team deal with? Pre-birth -18
Are there specific home visits or would it be mainly working from home?- working from home unless you have to do statutory visits or court work that need to do be done FTF, eventually we will move to a hybrid working model with flexible working post pandemic restrictions
How often is supervisions? – monthly with additional wellbeing check-ins / group supervision bi-monthly
What is your induction and online training process? – Individual inductions are done with the managers Eclipse system induction and BCT initial training on intranet
Would you consider anyone part-time or 4 days per week if they had good experience?- currently they need at least 30 hours work needs to be done , this could be with condensed hours (6hrs per day x 5) or four day working
Would you consider a non-car driver or would they need to drive? – non car drivers will be considered on a team by team basis, good public transport links city-wide
Is there court work involved? – there is some but not as much as CIC, SG hold all cases until 1 st court hearing
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK. Child Protection and Safeguarding Children and Families experience is desirable but not essential
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.