Safeguarding Senior Social worker/ Senior Practitioner
- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Senior Social Worker who specialises in safeguarding to join our team in Walsall.
1. Operative Role: As a Senior Social Worker, you will be required to manage and conduct investigations regarding safeguarding issues related to vulnerable individuals, particularly children and adults at risk.
2. Expertise: You will be responsible for implementing standards and protocols set out in the Walsall Safeguarding Processes. Your role will include quality assurance, case planning, case review, and intervention, to ultimately ensure the safety and wellbeing of individuals. You will authority on safeguarding issues, providing specialist advice to social work staff and partners.
3. Leadership: As a Senior Practitioner, you will take on a leadership role within a multi-disciplinary team. This includes mentoring newer staff members, providing training and supervision to less experienced workers, and working closely with other professionals such as police, health practitioners, and educators.
4. Case Management: You will lead on complex cases, this will encompass coordinating multi-agency risk management meetings. Your task will be to create and maintain quality records of all interventions and decision-making processes in line with council requirements.
5. Inter-Agency Work: You will cooperate and collaborate with other agencies and organisations, including the police, health service, and schools, to coordinate support.
6. Advocacy and Support: You will support individuals and families to understand and navigate the safeguarding process. You’ll be expected to ensure their views and needs are central to decision making where appropriate.
7. Policy and Planning: You will contribute to the development and implementation of local safeguarding policy and practice guidance.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. A Social Work Qualification recognised by the Social Work England (SWE).
2. Extensive post-qualification experience in safeguarding, with a focus on complex cases.
3. Demonstratable knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance and best practice in relation to safeguarding.
4. Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions based on analysis, supervision, and judgment.
6. Proven leader with the ability to guide, support, and mentor less experienced social work staff.
The Walsall Council is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.